We have kicked off our Evaluations!
We have kicked off our tryout Evaluations for the 2015/2016 teams!
These evaluations will take place from 5:30-7:00pm at JIYSC Main Complex!
Please arrive early to register and check-in!
Register online at WWW.JIYSC.ORG!! There is a $10 Walk-Up Fee!
1st Annual Sports Banquet!
May 17th 4:00-6:00pm
Join us for our 1st Annual Sports Banquet!
This event will take place on Sunday May 17th, from 4:00-6:00pm at James Island County Park at the Edisto Hall!
At this event, we will recognize the hard work of our players and coaches! Come for awards, food and fun!
This event is open to all JIYSC families! The more the merrier!!
This event will also have a short meeting, our Annual General Meeting.
Cannot wait to see you there!
A note from Patrick Olalere, Director of Coaching
At the beginning of every season, there comes the potential for change and great anxiety from players, parents, and coaches alike. We understand the social aspect of being a part of a team and the desire to maintain friendships from the past seasons. While coping with this competitive and social stress can be challenging, the focus on a player's long-term development must be FAR-GREATER than the immediate impacts of a tryout result.
At JIYSC we are creating an end-to-end developmental model that allows for players to learn and grow to the best of their abilities. In order to maximize player development, players need to be placed in an environment that best fits their current developmental needs. Players must be placed in environments where they feel appropriately challenged, but are also given ample opportunities to play in games.
Regardless of playing level and team placement, JIYSC is committed to providing the following to all our players:
- Fun, challenging and developmentally appropriate training environment based on player needs and the long-term goals
- High quality coaching staff, who are dedicated to player development and challenging players to improve on a daily basis. Our staff includes former professional/collegiate players and current high school coaches in the low country
- Progressive player development curriculum, which includes standard/expectations for players and coaches to focus on
- Standardized player evaluation report which occurs two times per year
- Opportunities to train with older and/or higher level teams when appropriate
- Support, exposure, and connections to collegiate soccer opportunities for those seeking them
- JIYSC culture and spirit! It's about more than just a team
Thank you for making JIYSC your family's soccer club of choice. As we begin the new season, be prepared to work hard, compete, and be challenged to reach your fullest potential. We look forward to seeing you on the pitch. GO JIYSC!
Director of Coaching.